Global Equity Income
BankInvest Equity Income Strategy is a bottom-up stock picking strategy. The ambition is to achieve a competitive total return with focus on 1) risks, 2) cash flow/dividends, and 3) share price appreciation.
Over the long term, dividend paying stocks have outperformed and shown lower risk than the market. This is well-documented.
- Certainty principle: The most certain aspect of investing is uncertainty. Hence, Risk is the first pillar of the investment philosophy.
- Cash flow/dividend focus: Focus on both generation of cash flow and use of cash flow. Dividends are paid by cash flows. Focusing on companies with high and stable cash conversions.
- No conviction: No conviction bets, equal weight.
- Strategic focus: Focus on "Need to have" over "Nice to have" products and services. The resilience of the former becomes obvious in times of economic uncertainty.
- Ambition: Avoiding "losers", rather than picking "winners".
Chief Portfolio Manager
Senior Portfolio Manager
Aleksander Thor Edemann